DIY All Natural Deodorant

Not to toot my own horn, but this stuff SERIOUSLY works.
I have had such a hard time in the past finding a natural, aluminum-free deodorant that actually works and doesn't make my armpits hurt.
I tried many different plastic tube types, and they all just weren't strong enough. I found myself re-applying way too often.
Then I tried a waste free one from lush and it was too rough and had way too much baking soda which really irritated my armpits.
This recipe does have baking soda, but not a lot of it, and if you use the all-natural stuff (make sure it is aluminum free) it should be great for sensitive pits like mine!
I will admit that the first couple days of using it was an adjustment. My armpits did not really like the baking soda at first, but after 2 or 3 days, they got used to it and I was back on track.

Before I get started with the recipe, I also want to point out that many aluminum free deodorants that you find on shelves have "fragrance" which is an umbrella term for "thousands of carcinogenic chemicals that we don't legally have to tell you about."
So although it is aluminum free, it doesn't mean that it is all natural and is at all safe for you to be applying to your body on a daily basis.

But, the good news is that I have tweaked a few recipes to cater to those with sensitive pits, and who want to live a low waste, all natural lifestyle (which, let's face it, is the way to go).

What you will need:

  • 3 tsp all natural baking soda (up to 6 if you want it stronger and don't have sensitive skin)
  • 6 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tbsp corn starch
  • 5 drops orange essential oil
  • 3 drops lemon essential oil
  • 2 drops tea tree essential oil
Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together.
 Please make sure you are using 100% essential oils that you trust. Since oils are not regulated by the FDA, producers can write "all natural" and "100% essential oil" even though there are added chemicals. My personal recommendations are dōterra and young living essential oils.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Low Waste?

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)

Homemade Hemp Milk