Easy n' Fluffy Vegan Pancakes - Oil free

My great grandma used to make the best pancakes, and my mom used to make them for us when I was growing up too. It was definitely a staple recipe in our family, and no matter how hard I tried to find a vegan recipe for pancakes, it never quite measured up to her pancakes.

They made it with eggs and milk, so i figured i would try to switch these out with easy vegan alternatives, and honestly, I kinda like it better this way cause I don't feel guilty when I eat it, and they taste just as amazing! Just, in a different way.
Almost everything in there is good for me and by using chia egg instead of the eggs, I am adding so much more nutrients. 
They have barley any sugar, and I tested them out with whole wheat flour and they are so. good.



Servings: 4 medium pancakes

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/3 cup flour (I used whole wheat for the ones in the picture)
  • 2 tbsp sugar (I use cane for everything)
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds and 3 tbsp water, soak for 10-15m)
  • 1 1/3 cups of plant milk 
  • 2 tbsp vegan butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
Start by mixing all your dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Then, add the butter, milk and vanilla and whisk until there are no more clumps.
Fry your pancakes until they are golden brown, or however you like them (It's totally safe to have them under cooked)
Top with some fresh or frozen fruit, mix in some chocolate chips, maple syrup, butter, whatever you want! 


Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe and what toppings you used! I'd love to hear from you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY All Natural Deodorant

Homemade Hemp Milk

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)