DIY All Natural Bug Spray

I recently got into essential oils, and I have slowly been incorporating them more and more into my life.

Store bought bug spray has something called "deet" in it, which is very hard on the human liver. This recipe was actually inspired by my mom who asked me to make it for someone in my family who is suffering from liver problems.

This bug spray is all natural, chemical free, and works wonders against all kinda of pesky critters.

The importance of using trust worthy brands is critical, read more about it under my perfume post. I go into much more detail about what to look for, why you need to find a brand that you trust, and why it is so important to choose a specific brand.



What you will need:

  • 1/2 cup of Distilled or Filtered water
  • 1 tsp fractioned coconut oil (or just melted as long as its warm when you use it)
  • 5 drops of lemon essential oil
  • 10 drops of repellent oil blend (You can opt out of this and just add more of the other oils) 
  • 3 drops peppermint
  • 5 drops lemongrass oil
  • 4 drops tea tree oil
Directions:
Mix all the ingredients in a glass spray bottle, shake well before each use. 

You can use any combination of bug repellent oils, a simple google search can get you a solid list of oils that you can use. These are the oils that I find effective for me and that I have on hand. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Low Waste?

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)

Homemade Hemp Milk