Creamy Vegan Caesar Dressing

What could be better than vegan, waste free, DELICIOUS, Caesar dressing in a super cute hand-me-down bowl!
Other than combining it with my coco-bacon bits, and my homemade garlicky croutons, I don't really know.

I used to love Caesar dressing, but when I found out the horrors of the dairy industry, I didn't eat it for so unbelievably long.
I started to follow a lot of vegan people on Instagram and I was seeing all this stuff that I never even considered could be made vegan. Super creamy mac and cheese? Fettuccine Alfredo? Caesar and Ranch dressing?!

So I tested some recipes, and figured out the least time consuming way to do it, and voila!
The most amazing, and creamiest dressing, that tastes just like the real thing!



Ingredients: 

  • 1/2 cup of soaked cashews (see directions for quick soak method)
  • 1/4 cups of water
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of lemon juice (fresh is always best)
  • 1/2 tbsp Dijon or sriracha mustard (you can add more if you like the zesty spice)
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder 
  • 1 large garlic clove, chopped into roughly 8 pieces 
  • 2 tsp capers
  • 1 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper
Directions: 
Literally just throw everything in a blender and blend on medium (or the milkshake setting as I like to call it) until its nice and smooth. 

*If you're pressed for time, you can use the "quick soak" method. 
Put your cashews in a pot with enough water to cover them fully. Bring it to a boil, then remove from heat and cover them. 
Let that sit for 15 minutes and then strain the water out. 
They should be soft and ready to use! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY All Natural Deodorant

Homemade Hemp Milk

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)