Vegan cream of broccoli soup

One of the things I thought I would be missing out on when I decided to go vegan was cream of broccoli soup, or just creamy things in general.

I never dreamed I could make something so creamy and delightful using just plants, but as my journey evolved, I realized you can make anything, and I mean literally anything, vegan.

It might taste a little different, but most of the time I find my food tastes better now than it ever did before (this recipe is definitely one of those).

I know, every time I put food in my mouth that no animals suffered in the making of it, and I know that I am not sacrificing my health for the sake of my taste buds.

Before my journey began, I would have never even thought of cream of broccoli soup to be something that was associated with animal cruelty at all!

But after watching a video on the dairy industry and how horrifying it really is, not to mention all the nasty stuff that is found in dairy and the fact that it literally turns on cancer cells, I quickly realized that stealing milk from another animal is inhumane, unhealthy, and just downright disgusting.

So please enjoy this must-try, cruelty-free and guilt-free cream of broccoli soup!

Serves: 2

Ingredients:
1 whole broccoli crown
6 mushrooms (optional)
1/3 cup of onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
1 1/4 cups of plant milk (I always use hemp)
3 tbsp of flour
1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
Parsley, salt, lots of pepper and garlic powder

Directions:
Steam all the vegetables in a large pot until almost fully cooked. Remove from heat and add flour.

Mix well and then add milk and veggie broth. Stir until the flour has absorbed into the liquids.
Add in nutritional yeast.

Boil on low-medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, or until soup has thickened to your liking.

*Please note that the soup will thicken more once it has been removed from the heat*

Let cool and enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY All Natural Deodorant

Homemade Hemp Milk

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)