Vegan Coconut Bacon Bits

         Coconut? For bacon bits?? I'll admit I was skeptical at first, especially since recipes kept telling me I needed this stuff called liquid smoke?
Where am I even supposed to get that? I have no idea what it even looks like to be completely honest.

So, I just did my own thing, tweaked a few things to my liking, and created something that I just felt really selfish keeping to myself because it is so easy and so yummy! And you can store it in the cupboard for a few weeks so that's a bonus.

Its just a few simple ingredients, a lot of which you probably already have on hand!








Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of unsweetened coconut shavings
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce 
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
Directions
Mix well into a bowl until all the coconut is evenly covered. Make sure to work out any clumps of maple syrup. 
Then, spread thinly onto a lightly greased oven tray, and bake at 325 Degrees Fahrenheit for about 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway through.

You essentially want to bake these until they look very toasted, but be careful, they are easy to overcook. They will crisp up even more once they have cooled. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY All Natural Deodorant

Homemade Hemp Milk

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)