Savory lentil soup

This recipe is amazing because its so easy, you can change up the ingredients to include whatever you want, and it requires hardly any measurements so you can just grab a bunch of stuff, throw it in the pot and cook it.
So simple, so satisfying, and so healthy!
I used to eat an industrial amount of ramen noodles, until I realized they had a crazy amount of harmful chemicals, many of which have been proven to be highly carcinogenic.
I knew I needed to find something else that was healthier, but just as salty and satisfying. Now, with this recipe, I satisfy my craving AND i'm getting so many beneficial nutrients.

Since this recipe is so flexible, I will give a list of the must haves, and then all of the optional ingredients. You can mix and match the optional ones and just put in whatever sounds good to you!





Must have's:

  • 4-6 cups of vegetable broth (depending how broth-y you like your soup).
  • 2-3 tbsp of soy sauce (I use low sodium)
  • 2/3 cup to 1 cup of Lentils
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • salt + pepper to taste 
  • 1 tsp parsley
Optional's:
  • Mushrooms
  • Onions
  • Kale
  • Rice 
  • Zucchini
  • 1 Potato
  • Cauliflower (if you've got some leftovers kicking around)
Feel free to be creative here! Add in whatever you want! If it would taste good in a beef broth type of soup, then it would definitely taste good in this.
I love the flexibility of this recipe because I never get bored of it.
I'd love to hear in the comments what variations you tried! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY All Natural Deodorant

Homemade Hemp Milk

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)