Citrus Peel and Vinegar - Natural All Purpose Cleaner

I use this cleaner for everything. Working as a waitress, I get a lot of access to up-cyclable stuff, like the spray bottle I use to hold my cleaner.
You can also buy a new bottle if you would like, but I personally like the idea of finishing what I have, and then re-purposing the bottles for the natural alternative.
Less demand on resources to create a new bottle, and one bottle gets kept out of landfill.
This is super simple to make, takes no time at all to prepare, and can be used from ingredients you might already have kicking around your house!

What you will need: 
Citrus peels of any kind (I like to just mix whatever I have on hand)
A jar with a lid
Vinegar (enough to mostly fill the jar)


Directions:
Put your peels in the jar, you can also use the pulp if you aren't already using it for something else. Then, fill the jar with vinegar until your fruit is covered.
Cover and store away anywhere from 2-6 weeks. Shake it every few days, whenever you remember. I leave mine on the counter beside the stove so I can see it when I cook. I usually shake it once a day.

The longer you leave it, the less like vinegar it will smell. Once you are satisfied with the smell, strain out the liquids into a storage container (I re-purpose old kombucha bottles for mine)
Then, in your spray bottle, fill your bottle with half of your vinegar mixture and half water.

You can also add rosemary essential oil or peppermint oil if you are making a bathroom cleaner, as this will add extra disinfecting purpose. However, I have never really felt the need to, vinegar is a very effective disinfectant on its own.
The vinegar will last months in your cupboard, I have had mine for 3 months and it smells even better now than when I strained out the fruit!

If you want to be notified of more posts, enter your email into the email subscription on my home page! Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY All Natural Deodorant

Homemade Hemp Milk

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)