Vegan Lentil Rice soup

Lentil soup is my favorite quick and easy meal. You just chop up some veggies, throw it in a pot with some veggie broth and lentils and you're golden.
But I decided that I wanted to add some carbs to this recipe, and make it more filling.
So along with my mock beef broth, some veggies, lentils and rice, you've got yourself quite the treat.

Not to mention, as someone who has been vegan for over a year now, I am still finding ways to replace things that I used to love, and with carrots and celery, this recipe reminds me a lot of chicken and rice soup (which I used to love).







 Serves: 3
Ingredients:

  • 4 cups of veggie broth
  • 2 tbsp of soy sauce (I prefer low sodium)
  • 1/2 cup of rice 
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup or lentils (however much you want)
  • 2 large carrots
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1 small clove of chopped garlic
  • 1 tsp parsley
  • 1 tsp pepper
Directions:
Mix all the ingredients into a pot except for the rice. Bring this to a boil, then add the rice and cook covered on medium heat for about 20m, stirring frequently at first, then occasionally (So the rice doesn't stick to the bottom).
The carrots will be the last thing to be ready, so when assessing that everything is cooked thoroughly, be sure to test the carrots.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Low Waste?

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)

Homemade Hemp Milk