THE BEST Vegan Banana Bread

Working as a waitress in a restaurant that orders an enormous amount of fruit to make a fruit display, I have a lot of easy access to over-ripe bananas.
Whenever I see some that are about to be thrown away, or when I have some at home that we couldn't finish, I stick 'em in the freezer for later use. They would ultimately end up in the garbage so I figure, why not?

I always make banana bread muffins just because they are more convenient, but this can be made in a bread pan as well.

I've tried both, and although it's so much softer and better as a loaf, I always end up just making muffins because they are the perfect quick on-the-go breakfast.

Either way, there is no need for muffin liners in this recipe, just lightly grease the muffin tray, and take them out of the tray as soon as they are out of the oven, let them sit out until they cool and they will be nice and crisp on the outside. 
Ingredients:
  • 4 Medium sized bananas
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1/2 cup of coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup of cane sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (I always put more)
  • 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
  • crushed walnuts on top (optional)

Directions:
Mix all your dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add coconut oil, this will be easier to mix if the oil is melted, however this is not necessary unless its really hard. If its room temperature soft you can work it in with your hands. 
Then add the bananas and vanilla, and mix until everything is even.
Place into a greased pan (muffin or loaf) 

For the muffins- Bake at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for about 25-30m. Stick a toothpick in to see if they are ready, you'll be able to tell if they're ready by how battery the toothpick looks. 

For the loaf: Bake at 350 Degrees for about 30-35 minutes. Again, use a toothpick to see if its fully cooked. I like my bread almost under-cooked, so just remember it's a lot better to under-cook it than to overcook it. 

I hope you like this recipe! Let me know down in the comments if you try it and what you think! I'm always open to suggestions as well! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY All Natural Deodorant

Homemade Hemp Milk

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (Vegan)